Computer Vision Engineer
INSYLO is looking for a Computer Vision Engineer to provide technical leadership and hands-on development of our computer vision projects. This role will lead the charge for selecting and implementing the right technologies based on business requirements and best practices.
INSYLO have developed a new proprietary concept, the Smart Volumetric Sensor, consisting in a 3D sensor with embedded computer vision algorithms to measure the volume of a silo's content with great accuracy. Now we want to extend the capabilities of our sensor with new exciting functionalities that will bring the technology to a new level of usability and open the door to new applications and markets.
The engineer will use our camera to obtain depth-maps of the interior of the silo and explore different algorithms to uncover the full potential of the technology and develop advanced functionalities boosting our competitive advantage. Algorithms will have to be implemented and optimized for the camera's current microcontroller or ported to a GPU/DSP/FPGA if needed. The researcher will also contribute to the optimization of the camera calibration procedure to improve efficiency and accuracy.
We also expect the engineer to contribute to the exploration of additional research lines such as multi-spectral analysis and/or alternative 3D measuring techniques.What you'll be doing:
- Develop accurate computer vision algorithms and systems, leveraging deep learning and machine learning on big data resources.
- Dense Mapping: Design and implement advanced algorithms for reconstructing dense 3D models of large-scale indoor environments using depth sensors.
- Analyse and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various deployed systems.
- Collaborate with team members from the level of prototyping to the level of production.
Skills & Qualifications
You enjoy collaborating with others:
- You seek feedback early and often.
- You are not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- You are generous with help when others ask.
- You know how to work with a team in managing schedules and delivery expectations.
- You think some of the above items apply to you right now, and you'd like to work in a positive and collaborative environment to learn all the others.
- Self-motivated, ready to take initiative and passionate for innovation.
- Good communicator and good team player with can do attitude.
- Responsible, meticulous and reliable
- Must be able to manage own schedule
- BA/BS degree in data science, computer science, engineering, mathematics or equivalent practical experience.
- 2+ years’ working with Computer Vision techniques.
- 2+ years' experience working in the areas of 3D reconstruction
- C/C++ rapid programming on Linux OS.
- Experience working with Computer Vision libraries like OpenCV.
- Knowledge of parallel computing, OpenCL, GPU is a plus.
- Knowledge software optimization and embedded programming is a plus
- Experience with OSX or GNU/Linux systems.
- Experience in operational analytics and machine learning.
Employee status: full time.
Location: Parc Científic i Tecnològic de la UdG, Girona (Spain)
Compensation: To be agreed based on the experience of the candidate.